- Job Title: Finance Assistant
- Company: Mercedes-Benz of Exeter
- Location: Exeter
- Reports To: Group Accountant
- Salary: £21,764 to £25,000 per annum (DOE)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our Accounts team at our head office, Mercedes-Benz of Exeter in Marsh Barton. This role would ideally suit someone who is currently working or has worked in a finance department.
We currently have a team of 9, and we anticipate that this team will grow over the next 18 months as the business continues to expand.
What can we offer you?
- 25 Days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Plus much more…!
Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.30 with 1 hour for lunch.
Finance Assistant Responsibilities:
- Daily Bank reconciliation
- Daily banking
- Daily reconciliation of card payment receipts
- Sales ledger, credit control, following up debtor queries with departmental managers and customers.
- Printing/emailing month end statements for sales ledger accounts
- Weekly debt age analysis
- Small claims procedures regarding bad debts
- Purchase ledger input
- Purchase ledger statement reconciliations
- Weekly/20th/Monthly purchase ledger payment runs
- Casual driver expense claims
- Petty cash reconciliations
- Other adhoc duties
- Covering for any of the above due to holidays
We encourage all current and new employees at Mercedes-Benz South West to embrace the core behaviors of the business in order to create and fulfil a creative, forward thinking and rewarding working environment.
Mercedes-Benz South West core behaviours:
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions