- Job Title: LCV Technician/Roadside Assistance
- Company: Mercedes-Benz of Plymouth
- Location: Estover, Plymouth
- Reports To: Service Manager
- Salary: CIRCA £55,000 (including competitive bonus package, on call earnings and workshop. Saturday’s & over time paid at time & a half)
A little about us
Mercedes-Benz South West are proud to be part of City West Country Limited, a privately owned enterprise with a rich history spanning over three decades in the motor industry. Our Mercedes-Benz business thrives across our 4 Van dealerships, Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
As a member of the Mercedes-Benz South West team, you will not only benefit from the expertise cultivated through years of industry experience but also enjoy a host of great benefits. Our commitment to your professional growth, is underscored by comprehensive training opportunities with Mercedes-Benz Head Office. Fulfil a career with an industry leading brand following a structured development path.
About the Role
The role will include carrying out all service, rectification and diagnostic work in a professional way to a road safety compliance standard.
As part of your role as LCV Technician/roadside assistance you will be required, on a rota basis to be part of our roadside assistance team. As part of our roadside assistance team you will operate on call using our fully equipped purpose vehicle.
We are also offering any person successfully recruited into this role our ‘Golden Hello’ – we will pay a massive £1,000 **
** Terms and conditions, £500 when you start your employment followed by £500 when you complete your 6 months’ probation.
What can we offer you?
- 32 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Commission scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Our Benefits hub, online discount vouchers/cashback
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards…
CIRCA £55,000 (including competitive bonus package, on call earnings and workshop. Saturday’s & over time paid at time & a half)
Roadside Assistance – On call retaining fee paid
Monday to Friday 07.00 – 15.30 alternating with 09.30 – 18.00 and Saturdays 08.00 – 13.00 on a rota basis.
Vehicle Technician Responsibilities
- Performs all maintenance services in line with the company and Mercedes-Benz standards and processes
- Completes a comprehensive diagnosis and repair report
- Carries out all repair work using all available workshop information systems necessary to store vehicle system functions
- Advises Service Team Leaders of any additional work required
- Carries out a final inspection and function tests on all complex repair work
- Completes final documentation for compliance and invoicing requirements
- Ensures protection, cleaning and care of customer vehicle and working area
- Meets business standards of fix first visit
- Provides a high level of technical expertise to deliver a high level of service
- Communicates and develops strong professional relationships with customers and colleagues to deliver a high level of service
- Ensures that the service team leader is fully informed of any changes to costs and expected completion times
- Attends service meetings to improve service standards
- Attends all roadside assistance within agreed service level agreements when on call
What’s required from you?
- Previous experience within the Motor industry
- Certified technician at Level 3.
- Product knowledge not essential
Mercedes-Benz South West Core Behaviours
Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising
Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making
Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching
Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions